Watch the video below to learn how to tie a bow tie. After practicing a couple times tying a bow tie can be easy.
1. Cross one end of your tie over the other, just like tying a regular tie.
2. Tuck the top end under the lower end, just like a regular tie.
3. Create the shape of a bow with the lower end by folding it back on itself and pinching it between your fingers.
4. Put a roof over the bow by draping the higher end over the bow you just made.
5. With end that's draped over, create another bow.
6. There's a hole behind the first bow. Pull the second bow through this hole.
7. Adjust the tie to your liking.
(Don't worry about making it look too neat, or it will look like a clip-on)